Every child should have a Merry Christmas!
First Presbyterian Church works in association with Cloud Peak Initiatives and the Department of Family Services in Sheridan to identify families in our community who are in need so that we can assist them in purchasing Christmas presents for their children.
- Every year, members of PW hand-make angel ornaments for the Christmas tree that stands in the narthex of our church.
- A child’s name, age, needs, and Christmas wishes are listed on a card.
- Each card is attached to an angel ornament.
- Members of the church then take an angel ornament home with them.
- The member purchases gifts for the child on their card, wraps and labels the gifts, and bring them back to the church to put under the Christmas tree.
- The gifts are distributed to the parents so that they will be able to put them under their own tree at home.
Every family involved in the Christmas Angel Tree program also receives gift certificates for groceries, which the church purchased with monetary donations made to the program.